Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calendar in public folder problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracer1

MIS
Mar 4, 2003
AU
hi guys,

was wondering if anybody can shed some light on our problem.
we have a calendar in the public folders set up. apparently, when the person enters appointments in, they only last for about 2 days before they all disappear. we've tried deleting the calendar and adding a new one again but it's still happening.

any ideas?

thanks

What version of Antivirus are you running?

I had a problem very similar to yours and it ended up being whenever an antivirus scan would run, it would remove any entries made in any public calendars.

It was a version of NAV. I had to install NAV for Exchange to fix the problem. Also whoever had set it up originally had NAV scanning the M: drive of Exchange which is a big no-no.

If this sounds similar to your problem, let me know and I will find the article about it for you.

Right click on the calendar and examine properties -> autoarchive. Chances are that it is autoarchiving anything older than 2 days.

sorry guys but these don't help.
we are running trend micro office scan.
and in the public folder, there is no setting to archive them. and even if there was, wouldn't that just archive items that are old? it wouldn't archive items that are still coming up would it?

the thing is, we have other public calendars as well but it's only happening to one of them.

thanks

we believe we found the problem. in one of the properties from the exchange server, (only administrator can see), there was an option regarding the age of the appointments. apparently, it was set to 1 day.
this very highly the most possible cause but we've asked the people to start using it again and we'll see how it goes.

thanks for all your help anyway guys....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back