Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calendar in public folder, don't want conflicts enabled 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerdurden68

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2003
US
I have a new Exch 2003 server, and i'm setting up a public calendar for conference rooms so users can see if the room is available and can book it if it is. So far it's set up so users can see the appointments from others but can only delete their own. Super. What I need now is to make it so after the first user makes their appt a second user can't book for the same time (right now 2 appts for the same time will both show up). I need to know what to set on the server to make it so only one appt for a given time can be made. Any ideas? FYI- some users will be using outlook 2003 on xp and 2k workstations, others may use OWA, and Mac clients will either use OWA or Entourage.

A public folder calendar does not publish free/busy times. I think what you need to do is set up a resource mailbox, which will publish free/busy times, for each conference room.

I don't want to set it up as a resource, and i don't need to publish free/busy times. All i need is to prevent a second user from placing an appt at the same time as another user

That what free/busy times are for. Without them, you have no way to prevent this.

the whole reason i was setting it up as a calendar and not a resource is so users could look and see on one screen when the room was available. Is this an option for something set up as a resource?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back