Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calendar day label?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasH

IS-IT--Management
Oct 28, 2003
US
Hi,

I am thinking of creating an app for a, say, baseball team's schedule. I want the days when the team plays to show the opponent and time, etc. and if a user clicks on the data/game, directed to a report for that specific game called by the date. I just started looking at the calendar control, but does this seem possible with ASP's calendar control? How do add labels for each day based on a table?

You can set the cell text in the DayRender event with e.cell.text. However, it will display the text but not as a hyperlink, so the user will not be able to click it.
You can add a lable control to the cell in the same event. You would just need to loop through your dataset, for example, and if the date mathes a date in your table, add the label with the text you want.

Jim

What objects have been added to the collection? Are they all the same? If so, you need to declare it as that type of object.

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back