Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calendar Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisaif

ISP
Apr 6, 2013
AE
Hi,

I downloaded the above mentioned control from

It is working fine in Project Manager but after compiling when click on button it terminates the application.

Please guide..

gperr_epnuqd.jpg

when click on button it terminates the application

How does it terminate the application? Is there an error message? Does the application simply exit? Does it go through its closedown routine (such as CLEAR EVENTS) Or what?

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Also, did you try contacting Craig Boyd (the author of the blog)? His email address is on the page that you linked to.

That said, keep in mind that the calendar control is only meant to be a demonstration of a particular technique connected with dynamic grid properties. I doubt if Craig meant it to be a complete working model. It might be better if, instead of simply downloading the control and expecting it to work, you studied the source code to try and understand how it works.

Mike

Hi,

No, I did'nt contact Craig Boyd. And, it terminates the application without giving any error. Even, it does not exist is task bar.

Thanks

Saif

Having thought about this a bit more, I've changed my mind about your contacting Craig Boyd. I've now read the whole of his blog, and it confirms what I thought earlier. He never meant the calendar control to be used in a real application. He was investigating the use of the grid's Backstyle_Access method, and he created the control merely to demonstrate the techniques that he was experimenting with.

Also, he wrote the article over 11 years ago. I don't think it's reasonable to ask him to support something so old, that was never meant for production use.

Rather than spend time trying to debug the control, I suggest you simply look for another calendar. There are dozens of them floating around (including one that comes with VFP). Or even consider creating one yourself. It can't be that difficult.

Mike

Hi alisaif,

take a look at the Mscomct2.ocx an ActiveX control from Microsoft.

It contains among other controls a MonthView control and a DateTimePicker control that looks very similar to the screen shot of Your first posting.

Regards, Stefan

Hi,

What is the input mask of time? Like 12:30:19 AM.

Thanks

Saif

There is no need for an inputmask, when you talk about the datetimepicker. Or what do you talk about? A textbox? Init it's value to ={:} and you have an empty datetime, no need for any inputmask.

Bye, Olaf.

FWIW, I have used Craig Boyd's 'tiny' Calendar Control extensively in my apps:

tempCal_pdnyjr.jpg

It has been ideal for drop-down lists (during mouse-over), color and font selections (based on scheduled entries), non-obrusiveness, etc.

Also, I re-downloaded it from your URL, and clicked the "vfpcalendar.exe" app. That is merely Craig's demo. The vfpcalendar.vct/vcx class you'd drop into your project: you can set up its methods and properties to your needs.

This calendar is extremely powerful (compared to my 'home-made' calendars). Learning to implement it was not too hard for me (I'm a slow learner).

Utmost blessings!
Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back