Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculations in tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallon

MIS
Dec 27, 2002
US
How hard is it to add formulas and calculations in tables without using Excel? Or how could I export Excel into Dreamweaver without having the generic Excel look?

Thanks in advance,

Parallon

"I used to think that the more that you knew, the farther you would go, then I realized that the more that you know, the more they use you."

-Me

what are you trying to achieve?

[Peace][Pipe]

Just trying to use a ROI calculator that we currently have in Excel. I just want more flexibility with how the form looks. Don't want the plain Excel look.

Thanks,

Parallon

"I used to think that the more that you knew, the farther you would go, then I realized that the more that you know, the more they use you."

-Me

You could use Javascript to do the calculations based around onChange events with form elements tarted up with CSS

Design your form first with all of the relevant input boxes and their values and the resulting output box. Then create a function that does all of the calculations and writes it to your output box, call this function each time an input is changed or when a button is clicked, your choice. My preffered method would be to recalulate each time a box is changed, this way you would be able to manipulate data to give a better ROI. For example what difference would a smaller discount make to the ROI?

If you have any problems give me the names all of your form fields and the calculation and I will have a play with the js function.

Cheech

[Peace][Pipe]

Cheech,

I really appreciate your info, and I understand your concept, but my skills in JavaScript just aren't up to par. I have placed the ROI calculator at:

Thank you very much for your help.

Parallon

-Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back