Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculations in reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

demax182

Technical User
Jul 13, 2004
US
Hi, I've been at this problem for too long and I've tried just about everything. Here's my problem, I have a report based on a table. I have several fields in my table, but I will point out just two that I've been having problems with. One field is to record the cost (in yen currency) and the other is for yen rate. Now here's my problem, I created an unbound textbox in my report to divide the cost by the yen rate. For some whacked out reason the calculation isn't right. Now here's another problem, if I just use expression builder and make the record source equal to the cost, my outputs in the report are totally wrong. Now instead of using the expression builder to point to the corresponding field, I just go on ahead and use the drop down box to choose the right field, the result comes out correct. Anyways, if you can help me I would appreciate it, I tried explaining the problem as best as possible. Thank you.

I would do this calculation in the query that the report is based on.
There is not enough info to say how the calculation should be done - if you want help with that you will have describe the fields (in particular 'yen rate' more precisely.)

Hey Demax,

Also before you bonk your brains more, make sure that the name of the field is different then the field itself i.e. yenrate and txtyenrate.

Thanks lupins46! Your suggestion worked, why didn't I think of that? Now I can rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back