Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculation in PowerPlay Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claude12275

Programmer
Aug 27, 2003
US
I can "enter" or "remove" a calculation, but I cannot "edit" a previous entered calculation. That choice doesn't appear in the dimension where the calculation is. I used to be able to do it in Version 6, but not in Version 7. Any idea? Please.

You've never been able to edit a transformer calculation. A report calculation in browser yes. In PP client I think not, can't remember that it could have been done in v6 either.

Cheers

[blue]Backup system is as good as the latest recovery[/blue]

I am talking about the browser, In Upfront, the choice of editing a calculation doesn't show. Only the ones for inserting or removing a calculation show. Is there a setting I have to change on the Upfront Server to see that option

Claude12275,
What options do you get if you right-click within the calculation column (or row) header?
Using 7.3, I get a drop down list beginning "Delete, Edit Calculation, Rename Calculation, " and so on.
Perhaps it's a version difference.

soi la, soi carré

First I am using Version 7.0 and the company doesn't have any intentions to move to a later version. I cannot do a right-click on the row I want to edit the calculation. I have to click on the drop down arrow beside the dimension name. The only choices I have are "Insert calculation" and "Remove calculation". I remember that in Version 6.0 there were tow more choices: "Rename calculation" and "Edit calculation". Do you know if there is a setting I have to change on the Upfront Server Configuration to get back the two choices I am missing?
Thanks for your help

Only thing comes to mind, but I'm not sure (check your self), is that isn't there UI choice in PPES of Dynamic or Enhanced. Move on to Enhanced if users accept this change, it is much better. Maybe your problem is related to this.

Cheers

And of course your browser is IE ...

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back