Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculation in a crosstab 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gruposenda

Programmer
Jan 11, 2007
MX
Hi:
I am using a crosstab where appear 2 data in the rows : Group and Subgroup, and in the columns : Revenue, Budget, Difference (Revenue - Budget) and percentage of difference (Difference /Budget). When I place a total, the 3 first columns are just sums, but the fourth always is Difference / Budget. How can I do to get this calculation insted of a sum ? In a list the option rollup agregate function is changed to calculated, but is there something similar to this ?
Thanks in advance

You could try giving a higher solve order to that column sum.

I have the next structure :
|Data1 |Data2 |Data1-Data2|(Data1-Data2)/Data2
Concept 1 | 10 | 8 | 2 | 25%
Concept 2 | 25 | 15 | 10 | 67%
Concept 3 | 9 | 15 | -6 | -40%
|--- | -- | -- | --
Totals(1) | 44 | 38 | 6 | 52% (ERROR)
Totals(2) | 44 | 38 | 6 | 16% (OK)

The result 52% is wrong. The right value is 16%. How can I use this option to get : sum (Data1-Data2)/ sum (Data2) = 16%. ?

Thanks

Did you give solve order for the last column as say 2? I had the same problem and my datasource was DMR. In the query explorer I changed the solve order of the column to a higher number and got the correct result. Do let me know the result..

R

Did you give solve order for the last column as say 2? I had the same problem and my datasource was DMR. In the query explorer I changed the solve order of the column to a higher number and got the correct result. Do let me know the result..
"

i face same problem what you mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back