Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculating Working Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliB007

Programmer
Oct 12, 2000
GB
I need to be able to return the working days between 2 dates. I know of the daysbetween function but this is of no use when the time difference spans over a weekend. Does anyone know of a script / mathamatical formula to work this out? Also does BO v.4.1.4/4.1.6 support PL/SQL?
Thanks in advance
A

You will need to introduce a calendar table to hold this information. The simpliest of tables would be 2 columns Date, IsWorkingDay. You can then join your fact table to the date column in this new table. You can expand this table to do many things includng hold date ranges fro lat month, last tear etc.

Thanks For the info, In case anyone else is interested here's what I've used :

select (( to_number(trunc(END DATE,'D') - trunc(START DATE +6, 'D')))/ 7*5) +
mod(7 - to_number(to_char(START DATE, 'D')),6) +
least(to_number(to_char(END DATE, 'D')) - 2,5) from TABLE NAME

Substitute START DATE and END DATE with your 2 fields

Seems to work OK, Depends on your definition of how many days between 2 dates (if you count start dates etc.)

Fair Comment, Your soloution, which I also had from the Bus Obj help desk is the only way to take into account holdidays/Bank holidays etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back