Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculating Totals in the Report Footer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Can anyone help please - I've been trying for a week to have a total value box in the footer of my report and am following every instruction. For some reason the value always comes up as the last value and not the total - do you think this is something to do with grouping - please help!

Thank-you

Could you tell us what the text box in the footer says? Look in the properties of the text box and under the Data tab, look at Control Source. It should say something like =Sum([YourFieldName])

Kathryn

I understand what your problem is, I'm having the same thing.

I have a report where in each field i use a cal =([price]+[VAT]), this works well for each recored and the code is placed into an unassingded textbox1 then I try and cal the total @ the end of the report =sum([textbox1]) this does not work i get and #error msg, this has somthing to do with the fact that it is trying to cal a cal.

You cannot use aggregate functions in the page footer of a report(these will work anywhere else). Make sure the aggregate function is in the appropriate footer. If you want to show totals over a group, put the =Sum(FieldName) in the group footer. If you want the total to be over the entire report put it in the report footer.

NOTE: you cannot Sum an unbound control. But you can sum the fields the unbound control is based on.

=Sum(Field1 + Field2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back