Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculating SubTotals, Shipping and Handling and Grand Totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaclyn

Technical User
Mar 19, 2003
US
I have an Order form and on it I have a subform where I enter the items into: The quantity, description, price and I have a total for each line of information. At the bottom of the subform, I have the SubTotals, I did a text box with SubTotal=Sum([Total]) and it adds up the totals from all of my subtotals. Now, what I would like to do is just add in some more text boxes on the main form and get one to get the SubTotal, another one to do Shipping and Handling and another text box to be the Grand Total (SubTotal+Shipping and Handling). Please help. I am VERY new at this so if you could please explain in baby steps. Thanks! Jaclyn

Exactly the dame way you did the Total / Subtotal, calcultaed text boxes..........ie SubTotal*1.06=Tax included etc...............

HTH
William

I tried doing that in the text boxes and it kept giving me the following errors: #Name or #Error. Is there a better or easier way of doing that without having to go through queries? THANK YOU!

Not sure with this forum, but can you zip and attach the database, if it is not too large...........

There are other ways of doing it but they tend to involve more "hand-coding" and I at least try to avoid that when possible as I am just learning the coding aspects........

Regards
William

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back