Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calculating result 1 from query 1 'Minus' result 2 from query 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberda

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
FR
hi,

under RS studio, assume I have two queries (with 2 different datasources), they return each one a single value: result 1 (put in cell 1 of the layout) and result 2 (put in another cell in my layout)

Now, I would like to make a calcultation such as cell 1 minus cell 2. as said, the datasource are differents, so that the calculation should be made by reportnet during the compilation of each query result and cannot be pushed to the datasources.

I had a look at the tabular set, but this does not seems to work for different datasources. I am wondering if we could do this programmatically via the SDK?
I had a look but do not find anything relevant, Anyone did this already? any hint to search for?

Thanks for you great support,

David

Try using Calculation > Layout. And then select the desired items from the queries to create ur calculation.

Hi shwetabh, have you tried it already, eg do a calculation on query items within a layout calculation?
for me this does not work, and when I look at the definition of a layout calculation, it sounds to work on reports functions such date of report etc but not on query items....even if in the expression panel, query items are proposed.

Did I miss something?

thanks

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back