Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calculating line item discounts for extended line price 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin99

Technical User
Apr 8, 2004
US
Hi,

I'm writing an invoice report (Crystal 7.0) and I'm running into problems calculating the line item discount and arriving at the correct extended amount.
My discount field returns a value of "60.00" for a 60% discount - and I think that's one of my problems.

Formula Example:
if {SORDETAIL.MDiscPct1} = 100 then 0
else
{SORDETAIL.MPrice} - {SORDETAIL.MDiscPct1} * {SORDETAIL.MOrderQty} + {@LineTax}

Field Values:
Qty is: 1
Unit price is: $285,000.00
Unit Discount is: 60% (field returns a value of 60.00)
Tax is: 0.00

My report keeps returning a total of: $284,940.00
(that's the unit price minus 60 dollars, not 60%)

I know this is an elementary question, but I'm at my wits end.
Can someone help me write a formula that gives me the correct extended line item total?

Thanks in advance!

Try:

(({SORDETAIL.MPrice} * ({SORDETAIL.MDiscPct1}*.01)) * {SORDETAIL.MOrderQty}) + ({@LineTax}*{SORDETAIL.MOrderQty})

This assumes that the tax is per line item as well, so I multiplied it by the qty, and I also assumed that the tax is already correctly determined based on the discounted line item cost.

If it isn't, then you might discount the tax by the same amount:

(({SORDETAIL.MPrice} * ({SORDETAIL.MDiscPct1}*.01)) * {SORDETAIL.MOrderQty}) + ({@LineTax}*({SORDETAIL.MDiscPct1}*.01))*{SORDETAIL.MOrderQty})

Not sure why you returned zero if the price was 100% of the price, I eliminated it.

Might have a paren off or something, as I didn't test it, but the theory seems sound.

-k

Hi K,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question - the first formula you provided worked like a charm!

- RRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back