Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculating Average on Subtotals in Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londa1130

Technical User
Mar 25, 2004
US
I have a report where I want to calculate the average number appointments. I first count each record in the report based on the person the appointment was scheduled with "Total Number of Appointments" and that value was placed in an unbound control on in the Page Footer section of the report. When I go to calculate the avergage on the "Total Number of Appointments" I get an error. Can anyone please help?

Add a text box in the Person Group Footer (or Header):

Name: txtPersons
Control Source: =1
Running Sum: Over All
Visible: No

In the report footer, add a text box:
Name:txtAvg
Control Source: =Count(*)/txtPersons

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

I tried using creating the unbound txt in the report footer and entering control source = 1 but it didn't work. I have the one unbound text that's counting the appointments in the each group. I can only select a field from the record instead of entering 1 in control source.

I don't recall suggesting you "creating the unbound txt in the report footer and entering control source = 1". The first text box I suggested adding is in the "Person Group Footer (or Header)". Also, there is not an issue with setting a control source to =1. Don't forget the "=".

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back