Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculating average and Std. Deviation in cross tab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyotika123

Programmer
Mar 1, 2010
US
Hi, I am new to crystal reports. I created a manual crosstab with the row being parameter set name, column is the parameter name and summarized by number value..The report displays the totals at the top (I suppresed the ones to the right). Now I want to display averages and standard deviations(only at the top after totals) as well.. Is there a way I can do that? My report looks like this:

BS2 UF ZN
Total : 792.80 2300.00 2137.00
R-08-AVD-017 33.30 95.00 86.00
R-08-AVD-018 35.20 90.00 89.00

This sounds like an inserted crosstab rather than a manual one, so you should have options of inserting an average and standard deviation as additional summaries. Once you have done this, you can suppress the unwanted summaries in the interior cells and grab the cell margins and resize them so that there isn't noticeable space.

-LB

Another question - how can I calculate average/std. dev based on a condition. The condition is average for only 2009 i.e. parameter sets for 2009 (all starting with R-09-AVD). Thanks in advance!!

I think you should just suppress the unwanted rows, but using a formula like this:

not(mid(gridrowcolumnvalue("table.name"),3,2) = "09")

Replace "table.name" with the field used for the row, except replace the curly brackets wtih ".

-LB

This gives me an error message stating that gridrowcolumn value can only be used in the formatting formulas

I got it now. you were suggesting to display only the 2009 rows. But I was asking a different question. Now I have the sum, average and std. deviation at the top displayed horizontally. I still want all the rows but want to calculate average and standard deviation displayed at the top for only 2009 batches. I hope this is not confusing.

Then I think you have to add summaries using this formula:

if mid({table.name},3,2) = "09" then
{table.value}

Insert average and std-deviation on this. Suppress unwanted rows as shown earlier. Or you could probably just use suppress if zero.

-LB

thanks a lot lbass!! you have been a great help..
I am trying to export the report to an excel and its a mess. Do you have any articles for exporting crystal data? That would be really helpful.

I don't really have any suggestions for exporting inserted crosstabs. Manual crosstabs probably export better.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back