Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculated value updated on right click filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmon

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2002
US
I have a sum calculated on a main form that is set from a text box in the footer of a subform. I have trained people using forms to use the right click and filter by selection for narrowing records in a datasheet. Problem is the calcualated value on main form is not being updated with the sum of the records in the datasheet. Is there a way to update this?

Thanks in advance,
vmon

In the Current event procedure of the subform you may add something like this:
Forms![Name of main form].Recalc

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

I tried that. I have tried the onfilter event, recalc objects, repaint object. Nothing is "re-summing" the filtered records.

In the Current event procedure of the subform you may add something like this:
Forms![Name of main form]![Name of subform].Form![Name of TextBox].Recalc ' or .Requery
Forms![Name of main form].Recalc

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back