Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

calculated reportnet field using runtime dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenndot

Programmer
May 15, 2001
US
Using Reportnet

I have 2 dates: date1 date2 on each row

I want another field to tell me the difference in minutes between the two. When you create a calculated field, you have 3 options, the documentation tells you to use the 3rd option (Layout) to use runtime info. (I have tried all 3 though). The layout option, however does not make availalbe the Vendor spec. functions, such as DATEDIFF. So that blows that out of the water. I tried to type it in manually, too, no change.

So, then I use the detail calc option. then I can use the datediff. When I validate that, though I am told there are errors in other parts of the report now. So, basically I can't use the calcalated field... even though it states it's not that field with the problem, the errors persist until I remove that field.

I am not trying anything fancy, just wanna know the datediff between two date/time fields that are there on the report. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I dont think there is a straight forward approach.
r they date or date/time??

Prasad
RPrasad1@Chn.Cognizant.com

Are you using the folliwng syntax (please note the curly braces!)? It works fine in my case.

datediff({n},[date1],[date2])

Willem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back