Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculated measure

Status
Not open for further replies.

kichu1

Programmer
Jan 14, 2005
US
Hi ,
I am new to this forum. Can anyone help on this

In the framework manager I need to create an object called 'customer count' which is count(distinct sales.Customer_id). This Cutomer ID is a Varchar2 field.

Now the requirement is this. If the user pulls in Month and this 'Customer Count' Measure the sql query should show group by Month. if the user pulls in Product and this measure the sql query should show group by product and so on. what I am trying to say here is that it should be dynamic.

Interesting I have a sales column in the sales table which is a number field.When I import the metadata in Framework manager it automatically takes that as a fact and when I pull this sales measure along with any other dimensions the sql group by qury changes automatically.

So can anyone tell me how can I achieve the same for the 'Customer count' measure also.

It will be a great help to me

You can create the calculation in query subject which namely says:
- count(distinct sales.Customer_id)
then set this calculation as fact. It should group by automatically...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back