Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculated Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rjconrep

Technical User
Oct 24, 2000
US
I have created a form for data input with some calculated fields. I am trying to save the form as a report so that I may create an invoice and print it out for our customers. The problem I am having is that when I save the form as a report I get errors on all of my calculated fields. ex: #Name
How can I fix this?

Hi :)

I got a question regarding User Group. I have assigned the user group in the shortcut by adding /wrkgtp "Path of work group file"

The problem is that When i open my normal access database having default user work group...and then open that particular database...it opens with default work group with Admin user. What I want is that some how the work group should become a permanent part of my database and when ever some one opens it it propmpts the users related to that work group.

Cheers!
Aqif

Sooryyyyyyyy.............i was posting my thread also...and at the same time replying to ur so guessed it mixed up...regarding ur problem...what u can do is that have unbound controls or text boxes on ur report and write the same formula for calculated field as u've written in ur form.

Cheers!
Aqif

I have done that and it does not work. Any other suggestions?

Heres an idea I used way back on an accounting program. The form was the invoice / qoute form . I didn't use any reports at all. Even though Invoice could be multipage. Now the invoice that I printed was not the same form that I entered data on because the data entry form was quite rich (this was a professional app) and the printed invoice was completely different in layout.

I would suggest not saving your form as a report but simply make another copy of it that is Printer perfect.
when needed
Open that form make it - print and close .

also you might want to open with criteria I think thats what I did on mine so it could be opened with the number of copies to print.

Use the Page header and detail section for your printable portion and the form header to show something like a printing status or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back