Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculated field to return count (to-date) for current month

Status
Not open for further replies.

cft

Technical User
Dec 4, 2001
US
I am developing a form that has a calculated field to display the number of the current record as: "X" OF 12.
Each employee of a group is evaluated 12 times each month.
The Data Entry form needs to display this so the user can know which record they are entering. Criteria is based on the EmpID and number of records by Calendar Month (e.g. 09/01 or 12/01 for example. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi - Can you explain this again. I don't understand what end result you are seeking, but would like to help.

Thanks, Beth beth@integratedresourcemgmt.com

Thank you - I am creating a Data Entry Form for employee evaluations. On the form, I have a calculated field called "Record". The Record number is the number of the newest entry of evaluative data into the Employee's record.
Each Supervisor has a number of Employees whom they evaluate 12 times a month. So they will not do too many, nor too few evals, each time they pull an employee by ID#, the form confirms the employee ID and tells the Supervisor what evaluation they are about to enter. Once they pull an employee record and it shows 12 at the end of the month, they are finished with that employee's records. What I am seeing is the Expression that will match the EmpID to the Record number within a Calendar month. I hope this helps.
I am new to this and unsure how to best state the issue. Thanks,
CFT

try:

dcount("EmpID","YourTableName","[EmpID] = forms!YourFormName!EmpID")

substitute YourTableName and YourFormName

it is counting the number of records in the table where EmpID = the EmpID on the current form.

should get you started.....

GingerR - Thank you. I used =DCount("EmpID","TblAudPerf","[EmpID]"="forms!FrmEmployee!EmpID")but it came up zero where the records should read 6 total.
I think this is the right path, however. There is a sub-form called Employee data that autofills upon entry of the EmpID on the form. (This validates that the Sup is entering Audit results for the correct employee.) During the course of the month (Sept, Oct, Nov, etc...) they create 12 scored audits of performance criteria per employee(Records). I hope to get the calculated field (Records) to show how many audits have been performed for each employee loaded, so far each month. Your response has given me some ideas, and I will continue to attempt to get the field to "read" current month records per employee. Let me know if you have any further suggestions! Thanks!

try
dcount("EmpID","TblAudPerf","[EmpID]= " & forms!FrmEmployee!EmpID)

it is looking at forms!FrmEmployee!EmpID as a string in the way you had it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back