Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculate % / Total Calls in First 10 Days of the Month 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalebsDad78

Technical User
May 6, 2006
US
Hello all,

I am trying to calculate my compliance percentage (Compliance) by month but I only want to see how our first TEN days of the month have been historically. I also want to see how many total calls were received during these first ten days also just for comparison purposes.

My current report has the following columns/data sets:

Zone | Compliance (%) | Total Calls | Late Calls

Compliance percentage is calculated by total calls divided by late calls.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Assuming you're grouped by month, create a Running Total that does a count (or Distinct Count depending on your data) with an Evaluation Formula of day({datefield}) <11 Reset on your MOnth Group

Compare that to your count of calls in the month to get the percent in the first 10 days

Hi Charliy,

Thank you for the reply. My only issue there is 'Compliance' isn't a field I can summarize in the Running Total.

Here is the 'Compliance' formula:

IF Sum ({@Count}, {@PresumptiveClassification}) = 0 THEN
100 ELSE
((Sum ({@Count}, {@PresumptiveClassification}) - Sum ({@CountLate}, {@PresumptiveClassification})) / Sum ({@Count}, {@PresumptiveClassification})) * 100

Replace all your Sums with Running Totals, than you can count calls, late calls, calls in the first 10 days, and late calls in the first 10 days.

if you are willing to limit to data of the entire report, put Charliy's formula into your record selection.
something like:

//Create the Formula (@DateDayNum}
day({Datefield})

//in the select expert

day({DateDayNum}) in ]1 to 10]

i do agree though, if you can convert your sums to running totals you will have a much easier time.

Thank you all for your help. Converting to Running Totals was helpful and allowed me to get the information I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back