Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculate time PLEASE HELP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

addicted2

MIS
Jan 16, 2002
AU
HELLLLLPPPPPP. Hi there can some one help me please. I work different hours each day of the week and I cant seam to find how to calculate these hours to ensure that I do 40 hours a week and show If if i do over the 40 hours Please bear with me and I will try to explain

A)CELL A1 40 (representing the hours) CELL A2 2400 Representing the minutes-these will change progressivly as i enter how much how much time i work daily.
CELL B2 Monday B3 Hours that I work B4 minutes Minutes that I have worked B5 total Hours in B3 Plus Minutes in B4.

IE:
B2 Monday B3 6 (hours) B4 45 (Minutes) B5 405 (Total Minuts Worked)
This will be done for the 7 days.At the end of the week I need to convert these total minuts back to hours firstly for a cross reference Secondly to print out for the company.

When I go to convert the 405,dividing by 60,in Cell B5 I keep geting 6.75.

Sorry If i could i would have explained it better.
Regards Tony

Am I right in thinking you want B5 to calculate the Minutes automatically? If so it would be =(B2*60)+B3
If that is not what you need can you email me a copy of the spreadsheet with the problem highlighted

david.lerwill@O2.com David Lerwill
"If at first you don't succeed go to the pub"

You say that you keep getting 6.75 when converting 405 minutes to hours ... well, that's correct 6.75 hours is 405 minutes.

If you want 405 ( minutes ) converted to hh:mm format, then use x/(60*24) and format the cell as [hh]:mm

Hope this is what you wanted.

Glenn.

THANKYOU THANKYOU Glen that is exactly what I needed.

addicted2
You may want to let others that are helping you on the VBA forum know that you have your solution??

;-) If a man says something and there are no women there to hear him, is he still wrong?

No probs Loomah.. The assistance I have recieved has been over whelming. Thankyou all very much. I have tried everyones approach to the problem and they have all been great from each one I have learnt a little somthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back