Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculate Signon Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDN1

MIS
Oct 22, 2002
NL
Hai, I want to calculate signon time from the event table.
I've tried it in excel but it doesn't match the results from my standard reports. Does someone know which calculation is used to derive the signon time from the event table? Please in SQL but anything else would be great to.

Thanks...

Getting a signed on duration from Event Detail (I'm assuming that's the table you meant) is a rather difficult task at best. The only way to do it is to calculate the difference between the sign-on and sign-off event time stamps for each agent, then compensate for midnight if you're in a 24x7 envrionment. We do it by importing the data into an offline db and looping through with various code routines, but not with a single SQL query.

hi

If you are looking for a roll up for the day for, you can use the dagent table and use the sql as

select uday, ext_num, dur_signon from dagent where uday = 1030307

uday is the date field (1030307 = March 7, 2003)
dur_signon is a rollup duration of signon time
ext_num is extension number

Hope this helps. Eileen McEvoy
Authorized Crystal Engineer
Crystal Reports Consultant and Trainer
emcevoy@crystalconsulting.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back