Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Calculate amounts received within date range

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawn1

MIS
Jul 14, 2010
US
I am trying to run a report which captures all claims received within a week in a "to" "from" format. The First day of my report week is always on Thursday and the Last day of report week is always the next Wednes. I cannot figure out a formula to count all the claims received within the date range I specify. The example I have attached should only be pulling claims received from 5/20/10 to 5/26/10 but the totals carry over into the next date range. Can anyone help?

All of the totals should be in first date range but it carries over.

Drop Dates Due Date Received in Week
5/20/10 to 5/26/2010 7/13/2010 31

5/27/10 to 6/2/2010 7/20/2010 266

Drop Date Formula:
=[First Day of Report Week] + "to"+ [Last Day of Report Week]
Received in Week:
=[Nature Query].[Count Disputeid]
Variable Fromula:
First Day of Report Week:
=RelativeDate(LastDayOfWeek([Nature Query].[Dispute Recieved Date]);-3)
Last Day of Report Week:
=RelativeDate(LastDayOfWeek([Nature Query].[Dispute Recieved Date]);+3)

Hi Dawn1,

I went through the issue. I could suggest you a solution once given some more information regarding that. I would like to know what exactly Count disputied field is carrying.. Like any calculations , Any formula etc ..

Hope you will find a better way to solve this

Gud Luck

The Count disputeid field is a count of all claims (disputes) received and are currently in our system. So everything that has been received since 4/1/10 would be counted by this variable. I hope this helps you help me :) Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back