Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALC perform logic for importing to Job Billing Data Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloguido

Technical User
Nov 13, 2008
CA
Is there anyway to set up automatic CALC perform logic for importing to JC.BILL(Job Billing Data Entry) using VI?

Can you please provide a more detailed description of what you would like to do in your import.

I am performing an import to job billing data entry with the associated Job ID, cost codes, billing amounts, etc. Everything has fucntioned properly up this point, but the only way for us to bring in the total invoice amount is by caluclating it within our import file using a VB app. I wanted to know if there was a way where I did not have to bring in the totals, but rather they would be automatically caluclated based off of the line items which were imported.

Yes, for the header total change the Operation from Replace to +AddValue and then point to the field on the import file that holds the line total.

That works on bringing the amounts in, but the Sales Tax Amount is still not calculating. Is there nay function in VI that I can use to autmate that?

You are going to need to make this some type of calculation. The problem is that there is no perform logic assigned to the import job that will calculate taxes. With Sales Order and Invoice imports there is perform logic attached to the import that will calculate this for you. In Job Cost there is no such logic. You might want to have your reseller contact Sage to see if they have a work around. Sometimes they provide import jobs you might not know about or knew about.

I am a reseller, and I do currently have a support case in with Sage, will cross my fingers that they come through for me. Sure wish they would get this Job Cost module uniform with the rest of their application, it has a lot of potential, but can be very frustrating not being able to perform the same functions that I can in other modules. Appreciate your help as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back