Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CajunCenturion 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am relatively new on this site, but he was one of the first names I remembered here. He definitely was very wise, thoughtful, and kind. I wish I had gotten to know him better.

RIP, CC

pc.gif

Jomama

This is sad news. My thoughts go to his family. He will be missed here as his posts always provided insight and intelligence to the use of language.

Tom
[cry]

Sleipnir,

Thank you for letting us know of John's passing.

Isn't it amazing that we could all grow so fond of this great man whom few of us ever met in person, but knew him only from the wisdom he shared here in an on-line forum. He guided and counseled me many times, both on-line and over the phone. As many have said here already, John always brought calm and reason to every discussion. He was a brilliant man whom I considered an expert on every topic to which he contributed. I truly love John as a friend and brother, and I will deeply miss his influence and goodness here. Heaven received a fine new citizen last Thursday, and I look forward to meeting him in person one day on the other side.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

I've been away from TT for a while (being out of work for a couple of months). T was very saddened at the news that John had passed away. Sleipinir, John, and I met in person for the first time a few years ago in Baton Rouge (a midway point between them and myself).

I will miss his presence.

Requiescant in pace.

-- Francis
Francisus ego, sed non sum papa.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends. RIP CajunCenturion.

Rest in peace, John.
What a loss, for a lot more than just these forums. With just a single posted line he stood out, always. A rare and noble character.

“Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

CajunCenturion's Member Profile said:
After joining Tek-Tips Forums on March 4, 2002, I've logged in 24,528 times. My last login was on Thursday, July 17, 2014. I've started 436 threads, posted 10,306 replies, and written 7 FAQs
The raw numbers, impressive as they are, don't begin to show the value of his contribution here. He'll be sorely missed.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Notice that his last login was the day he passed...We'll miss you, CC.

[santa]Mufasa
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

And for 10,306 posts, he received 949 votes. Over 9% of his posts were worthy of a purple star. That's an impressive stat that speaks to the quality of his contributions to this site.

@Sambones - Nearly 3000 of those posts were ineligible for stars. Had they been, the ratio would have been much higher.

I had many a "debate" with CajunCenturion over the years and my respect for his knowledge and patience is immeasurable. He had high standards and lived up to them.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Oh no. This is sad news... :-(

This is the second person in TT forums I post in that has passed away too soon.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

kwbMitel said:
Nearly 3000 of those posts were ineligible for stars.

Removing those brings hist star ratio up to almost 13%. Very impressive.

hairlesssupportmonkey said:
Oh no. This is sad news

This is the second person in TT forums I post in that has passed away too soon.

So you're the one!

pc.gif

Jomama

Jomama46, I hope you don't mind my editing the quote entry in your posting so that it displayed properly. If you want me to change it further, please advise.

[santa]Mufasa

Thanks for the help Dave. i could tell I was doing Something wrong!

pc.gif

Jomama

CajunCenturion will be remembered by meny one being me.
My condolences to his friends and family.

What can you say Sadly missed not only by his family and friends by all of use in Cyberland of tek-tips

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

As a side note, I was reminded (by Facebook) that his birthday is today. [sad]

-- Francis
Francisus ego, sed non sum papa.

Sad news, indeed. Our forums will be diminished with the loss of John's wit and wisdom.

For those who haven't searched further, here is his obituary from what I assume to be the local newspaper.

His was truly a life fully lived.

John's family has requested donations to the Give Kids the World village at
-----------
With business clients like mine, you'd be better off herding cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back