Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CajunCenturion 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleipnir214

Programmer
May 6, 2002
US
Gentles,

Is is my sad duty to report that our friend John Austin, known here as CajunCenturion, passed away yesterday. He collapsed at work and could not be revived. He had been suffering for years with kidney cancer, which though not the proximal cause of his death, is certainly the real reason.

I will post to this thread additional news as I learn of it.

My thoughts and prayers are for his family as well as my deepest condolences.

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Truly someone that will be missed in these forums. My best wishes goes out to his family.

=======================================
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
CCNA, CCDA, MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+, CHDP
C#.NET Programmer

This is sad news, indeed. My prayers and sympathies go out to his family.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

This is very sad indeed. My condolences go out to his family and I hope he went without any pain or discomfort.

Although I've never met him face to face, I've come to value his posts, and whatever input he gave on any topic. They were always intelligent, well thought out, and always very insightful. I came to value a positive comment from CajunCenturion more than any number of purple stars. His comments always caused me to look at things from different angles, and think them through a little deeper. I think a lot of us are just a little bit better for the time he spent here with us. I know I am.

He will be greatly missed.

My condolences to his family.

His was one of the names I recognized (i.e. remembered).

djj
The Lord is my shepherd (Psalm 23) - I need someone to lead me!

Hopefully he is in a far better place than we are.

Jim C.

I am very sorry to hear this. John seemed liked a great guy that I would have enjoyed meeting in real life.

~thadeus

I am very sorry to hear the sad news. Cajun (I mean John - I'm not sure I had ever heard his real name until now) was an orignal thinker and top-notch contributor to these forums. I'm sure that the friends and relatives who knew him personally are suffering from a great loss. My sincere condolences to all.

karluk.png

Wow that is terribly sad news. John was a giant on these forums. We talked on the phone a few times but I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person. I wanted to very much as he clearly was a dynamic and asutely perceptive mind. He will be deeply missed. Damn.

Gerry

I am in shock. John was such a huge contributor to this site. It is very sad that he is not with us any longer, and a big loss. My condolences to his family and his friends

Devastating news. John possessed an uncanny and remarkable ability to bring out the best in a discussion. He was truly an inspiration and his presence will be sorely missed. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

Carl

John was a good friend and he will be missed.

David

What a sad day, first for John's dear family. My heart goes out to them.

CajunCenturion has been a man of substance. He often presented very thoughtful insight on difficult issues. He has had my deep respect ever since I encountered his responses. John could have been CajunGeneral: a Five Star gentleman. I will miss his presence here on Tek-Tips.

Skip

I am truly sorry to hear this.

However, I believe that a part of people live on in the memories and influences that they have had in our lives.

Remember him, and a part of him continues.

I can only ask for as much myself, to be thought of as wise and a friend.

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

gbaughma said:
Remember him, and a part of him continues.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Oh my! That's tragic news. I've been chatted with him here and via email on numerous subjects for nigh on 13 years, and he always had a fair, balanced view even if you disagreed with him. I shall miss his sharp but gentle sense of humour and ability to get to the nub of an issue with a few well chosen words. My condolences go to his friends and family.

A sad loss to the forum
my sympathiws go to his family & friends.

can i sugest we all go & add a * to his last post (Workplace Jargon) so that we can posthumously get him one last MVP award

(we did the same in the IP Office forum wen we lost a valued member a year or so ago)

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Very sad. RIP, CC.

Aspiring to mediocrity since 1957

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back