Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caching problem - need to know code to change syncmode or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

wclaes

Programmer
Apr 29, 2002
BE
Hi everyone,

Hopefully the people in this forum have more knowledge about this subject than the ones in vbscript....

Please have a look, because I really don't know a good solution:

thread329-521257

Why oh why would you want to do this to a users browser? Are you trying to chase your users away?

At first I though it was for an Intranet but the fact that you do not want to have to close all browser windows removes that theory.

Either way, it is not possible to alter the registry with HTML or CSS so this is the wrong forum. The only thing you can do for this with HTML would be to set no cache on the particular page.

Hope this helps

Wullie

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change.
The leader adjusts the sails. - John Maxwell

Hi Wullie,

It is to speed up the use of our application over our WAN/LAN. I know this forum is HTML, but I found via the search engine more about caching than in the vbscript forum. Only thing is that the information found was not helpfull.
If it is really not possible to change the option in some way, then I have to let it go...

Kind regards,
Wim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back