Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Caching or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firecat1970

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2003
HK
Dear experts,

I have a location table with about 8000 records. And I have a popup for user to find their desired location code.
e.g. if they type USL and click search, they will be given a list of location entry with location code starting with USL. e.g. USLAX, USLGB, etc.

Since different users would be filtering different things, is this something I can cache?

Cheers!

Caching is fine for data that will not be changed often. If it is just a look up table that won't change much then I say cache it.

Jim

The table itself won't change much, but the subset each users will see would change from time to time.

Let's say at this moment, I want to see everything starting with USL, the next minute I want to see everything starting with CNS.

My question is, if now I want to see everything starting with USL again, could I get a cache version of it?

and with the advent of .NET 2, even changes in DB can be tracked in the cache...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back