Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cache in ReportNet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedrow

Technical User
Oct 12, 2005
EU
Hello everyone.

I`m looking for help. I`m using ReportNet and I would like to cache reports during the night and than in the morning run them without accessing database or at least to make the execution time shorter.

Schedule your reports to run overnight and save the output in your preferred format ie. HTML, PDF, ASCII, XLS, XML.

You can also look into bursting.

Just run the reports (as amalcolmf said) overnight and save your reports as reportView. This will cache the sql-statement.

Jochen

I m not sure to agree with you.

If you run the reports during night in HTML format( after db update). Then if user runs the report in PDF or Excel he will access the database.
If you want the report to be ready , then you have to run all possible formats and prompt answers.

If you want that , why don't you train your users to schedule their own reports with the right format and right prompts answers.

There is nothing like Snapshot in Impromptu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back