Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cable tester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2009
US
In the market for purchasing a reliable cable tester for Cat5E and Cat6 projects. My budget is not enough to buy a DTX 1800. Which is a good reliable tester?
Thank you for the help.

What is your budget?
Any real certification tester that will do Cat 6 is going to be $6,000.00 + as i think there are only 3 on the market. Ideal, Fluke, and Wirescope and all 3 are over 6k I believe. All we use is the DTX.
Have you looked for a refurb, or used one?

Richard S. Anderson, RCDD

Question on Used DTX-1800.
How do I know the used product I received is in good condition? They claim it was never used?
Thank you

How do I know the used product I received is in good condition? They claim it was never used?"

Unused or not all certification testers need to be calibrated regularly. us.fluke.com/usen/Service/Calibration/default.htm

I bought a "new in the box" spectrum analyzer off eBay several years ago and when it arrived it was obvious it was not in the advertised condition. I ended up splitting a calibration with the seller.

Dealing on eBay involves some risk. Be careful! Check out the seller. If possible escrow on big ticket items. Be SURE you have enough information so you can contact the seller after the sale. (I like the method of them providing a traceable land line telephone number and I call at random.)

In over 500 (over 380 positive feedback) transactions on eBay I have yet to be completely scammed. I few items were not as described but most of the time sellers made it right.

Happy hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back