Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cable modem to PIX 501 to Linksys WRT54GP2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2006
US
I have a PIX 501 in front of my Linksys WRT54GP2 and can not get my data connections to work. I know that I have the config on the PIX somewhat right because I have Vonage and my phone works. I recently purchased the linksys router because it had the voIP ports integrated.

My current set up is:

Cable Modem >>Pix 501>>Linksys WRT54GP2>>Network.

I currently have the PIX set up to receive DHCP from my ISP and to automatically use the IP address from the ISP as the default gateway everything.

I made sure that interface e0 on the PIX was set to receive it's IP address vis DHCP from ISP.

I believe I configured interface e1 correctly. I tried it with DHCPD on and off with a range and also tried setting router with a static address (when DHCPD was off)and as DHCP from the internet which in this case would be the PIX DHCPD giving it its IP. I need the 2 routers because...

1) the phone is on the Linksys.

2) I wanted to add VPN. The Linksys does not have it.

I'd appreciate some help. I think it's just a minor config problem but my brain is turning to mush. Many late nights and cups of black coffee. Please any help would be greatly appreciate.

I am not sure that that linksys support vpn.But u can use the pix to do a vpn.Give me more info about ur vpn

I haven't done the VPN yet I just need my wireless network to get to the inernet The PIX is not passing it. Only the vonage phone that is integrated with the router is working.

links sys can support vpn it depend s on the router model. Why not eliminate the linksys router and just use the pix with a p and p switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back