Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CA-Visual Objects??? I realize t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaz

MIS
Aug 16, 1999
US
CA-Visual Objects???

I realize this is the Clipper forum, but does anyone here have any experience with Visual Objects??? Is it a "dead" product? Is it supported? Is it any good???

I have used Clipper since the early days of Nantucket and owuld be interested in Visual Objects but I sure don't want to spend a lot of time with a product that is unsupported or poorly done.

Any comments from the CLipper crowd???

I also using Clipper scince S87, Now a days I am using CA Clipper 5.3
I also want to switch over to visual programming. I want to use my customised libs thare.

Thanks for your input. I bought Visual Object and after spending a couple of weeks getting used to it....I uninstalled it and bought Microsoft Visual Studio. I found Visual Objects to be difficult to learn, and it's not easy to get advice, assistance in learning the language.

Do you heared about xBase ++ from Alaska software?
It is a 32 bits compiler based on the CA-Clipper languaje and it seems to be a very good suited compiler.

Check it at: alaska-software.com

You can order a free CD with a trial version of the full product from the Alaska's web site, and decide yourself.

Like you happy people, I have been a die-hard fan of Clipper since C87 and had invested money in CA VO. Unfortunately, CA has decided it is not worth supporting! So now I am shifting all my solutions to Visual Foxpro. Excellent product! Try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back