Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CA-24 and 18d vs 34d 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2005
US
I was under the understanding that the Call Assistant CA-24 for a Partner ACS using a Euro 18d would work ( no external power supply needed ).

So I ordered one from UsedPhones.Com. WHen it arrived I plugged the polarized plug in the base of the 18d and the CA-24 and no lights.

I called Used Phones and they told me that a CA-24 can ONLY be used with a 34d. Can anyone confirm this or provide instalation instructions for the 18d.

If it CAN NOT be used on a 18d why does the 18d have the port for this which by the way is labled as POWER and what is that port used for there are two other ports on the bottom of the 18d.

Dave,
The Phone Doctor

Well none of the installation manuals actually say it needs a 34 button set, but every picture shows it hooked up to a 34 button phone

If you google (ca24 partner)he resulting links generally say "connects to 34D

only works on ext 10 or 11

Ive used them with mls 12 and Im prety sure Ive used them on 18d also .

sounds like youv'e got it hooked up wrong if your trying to oome off the Aux jack

cord come from the wall to the CA then to the phone

You need a new, more knowledgeable equipment vendor.

Call Assistants need a power supply, period.

They can only be used on Ext. 10 or 11.

ANY model of Partner phone can be used, except the 6 button.

The buttons can only be used for DSS/BLF. You can program them in any order you want, for voice announce OR ringing, but not both for a single extension.

If you put a DSS/BLF button on the Call Assistant, you can't also have the same extension on the phone, and vice-versa.

That about covers it.

Thanks all. Yes I understand that only station 10 and 11 should be used.

Accoring to the CA-48 there should be a power supply I would assume the same for the CA24 since there is a port marked POWER.

I plugged it in as described station cord to CA24 on the IN port then to the 18d on the CA24 OUT port and only got lights back on the 18d nothing on the CA24.

Bob over at UsedPhone.COm said NO it could not be used with an 18d and NO there is no power supply needed however they supplied a polarized plug with the unit.

He said I could return it but the price was a steal I guess you get what you pay for.

Any other sources anyone can point me to for either a power supply or another CA-24 WITH power supply.

Hi Dave,

You can try Comsal 800-333-1422 or Mastor 800-800-9553; I've dealt with both and prefer the latter.

Alex

metroline direct or atlantel both good partner suppliers

You can get a new one from Synnex at a great price 800-444-7359.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back