Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CA 12.5 Backup & 12.5 Exchange Agent - What mailbox is not backing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

djjohnmerry

Technical User
Jan 11, 2010
GB
Hello All,

I have just installed CA Arcserve Backup 12.5 on one of our servers which then connects to our exchange 2003 server via the 12.5 Exchange agent - However during the document level backup I get the following issue:

AW9621 - Failed to backup 1 mailbox

(HOW? do I find out what this mailbox is that failed to backup is?) - On 11.5 it would tell you on the old brick level that Joe Bloggs Mailbox. Failed - Easy :) but now I just see 1 malibox? - but WHOS????

I have run the exchange mailbox cleanup and there is nothing that needs clearing? But I need to know what one is not backing up so I can try and find out why?

I hope this is enough detail in which someone can help?

Many thanks to all in advance

John

Did you check both the activity and job logs, and how about the Exchange Agent log.

Yes I did - I still just states 1 mailbox failed to backup - I found out it was the system mailbox and remove from the backup however if we have a user leave we have to always manually find out who it is - not very user friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back