Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

c4gl error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristolcrawley

Programmer
Jun 17, 2002
US
Hey there!

I'm trying to do a c4gl and I keep getting this error:

"m_pp_priv.ec", line 457.7: 1506-277 (S) Syntax error: possible missing ';' or '
,'?
My command is c4gl -o pp_priv.4ge m_pp_priv.4gl

I cannot use a make, it has to be created using c4gl. Is it possible I'm missing a path to something? I've tried adding and deleting code and it always has that same line number.

Thanks for your help!

Kristol:

c4gl is actually a "C" pre-processor which creates intermeditate "c" & "ec" files from your 4gl file. You've hit one of those weird errors that not being found until compile time. I don't think we're going to be able to help you unless you show us some source.

Regards,

Ed

I compiled this in our production environment and ran with no issues. Our dba has said he thinks it's an environment issue.

Thank you olded.

Nothing like testing in prod! :)

If its a path problem, you should get error output that says something about not finding a particular library. Check your LD_LIBRARY_PATH on both machines to make sure.
Alternatively, one machine may not catch a syntax error because its compiler is different than the other. In other words, one compiler may be more strict than another one.

You may want to post the line the error failed on including a few lines above and below the point of failure to get some help.

On a couple of occasions, on our system, I stopped the compile soon after it started. This allowed me to see the .ec and .c programs that were created using c4gl compiler. I was then able to look at the lines identified in the error message. From looking at the code in the general area of the error, I was able to find my problem.
Sam
ps. Hope I replied to kristoltaylor correcty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back