Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C110 Appliance Server goes on Trial Jan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairlessupportmonkey

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2009
NZ
If you are on the field trial then you should have had an invitaion to apply to a C110 Appliance...

I filled my application in!

Some Information:

Avaya IP Office C110 Unified Communications Module
With the Avaya IP Office C110 Unified Communications module (C110 UC Module for short), Avaya provides a single touch point for sourcing, maintenance and support of application deployment. The C110 UC Module is an integrated CPU running Linux, thus avoiding the need for server licenses (Microsoft) and any requirement to keep an external server updated outside of the telephony software and hardware.
The C110 UC Module will come preloaded with all Preferred Edition server software images including Preferred Edition, one-X portal software image and IM/Mobility (same as the Linux Applications DVD).
The C110 UC Module will include an implicit Preferred Edition license so all server software will be available depending on the User package purchased, e.g., Power User, Teleworker, etc. The Preferred Edition license will come ‘bundled’ with the module.
The C110 UC Module integrates with existing IP500v2 System Server chassis:
• One module per chassis
• Single IP address for System and module
• SW loaded on C110 UC Module on SD card or via Ethernet from support.avaya.com
• User Packages and Mobility will require user package licenses. Number of User Packages supported will be verified prior to commercial availability
• Preferred Edition will be offered with the module in a bundled offer, with 4 voicemail ports by default
• User licenses will be supported (unbundled)
• TTS, MAPI Email and UMS Exchange Integration are supported

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

I have filled the application form in.
Now see if we get the trial :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I'd love to have one, just to release another server!!!

But, i don;t think our kit is a busy enough environment as a test bed. We don't use OXP much and VM is not that busy, and I'm the only user with Android mobility. And we are on a 500v1 (for now, waiting on a new dem kit if my boss pulls his finger out!!!!!!)

By the looks of the online application, they really want to get it into busy environments to see how it handles it.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

is this the module with no moving parts except the fan because it overheated lol

Any CPU would need a fan.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I like how one of the ways Avaya is marketing The C110 UC Module is that it is a integrated CPU running Linux, thus avoiding the need to purchase server licenses from Microsoft.
Everyone just loves buying licences, lol.
Dont get Me wrong, I'd love to get My hands on a C110, just sayin'

Andre

Jamie, it is fan-less.
It has a heat-sink on top of the CPU but no fan on it.

BAZINGA!

It was when they first designed it but the cpu wasnt man enough so they upgraded it and had to add a fan

Is it?
Do you have pics of it or other specs?
I don't that it has a fan so i don't care really :)
I can even think of mods for even better cooling.

BAZINGA!

Peter - I asked Avaya at their rel8 talk a couple of weeks ago. I asked "Is it really fanless?" and the French guy said "eerm, ummm, no, we had to put a fan on it as the first CPU wasnt powerful enough"

We all had a chuckle.

now, a Mini ITX dual core Atom CPU based Mobo is Fanless, I use them all the time for solid state firewalls I build.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

I don't mind that it has a fan.
I am glad they are using a more powerfull proc instead of not doing that to keep it fanless :)

BAZINGA!

lol that french guy at the r8 talk didnt half get a hard time

Lamb to the slaughter" comes to mind..

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back