Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C++ wont stop building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan1310

Programmer
Aug 13, 2003
GB
Basically.... im 14 yrs old and i hav just started programming, ive got loads of books on the subject and im progressing steadly. The only problem i am having is actually building the app, sumtimes it works and sumtimes it wont stop trying to build the app (even if i try to cancel the build process).

Help would be really appreciated
thanx

It's not a code problem. I have the same thing occasionally (I use VC++ 6). I posted the same question on these forums, and someone told me it is anti-virus software. Disabling it should fix the problem, but that isn't an option for me, so I had to learn to live with it.

I have the problem too (with MSVC++ 6.0) but I don't have anti virus software installed...

Make sure you have the latest OS and Visual Studio Service Packs installed along with all OS and IE related Security patches.

-pete

Where might i find these service packs then? microsoft?

Well you won't find them at sun.com or aol.com [lol]

msnd.microsoft.com for all things windows development [wink]

-pete

i just posted this on another thread but in case you don't see it - i ran service pack 5 and it fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back