Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

c:\windows\debug is corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCGSTL

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2003
GB
Not sure if this is the best forum for this query, so please forgive if not (and perhaps point me to the most appropriate one!).

We sufferred a power cut which powered down our SBS 2003 server. When the power returned there were numerous Debug error messages and I was unable to logon.

As Shutdown was greyed out I had to power off again and this time I was able to login but I'm still getting a number of error messages linked to \WINDOWS\Debug is corrupt: launchconsole.exe; userinit.exe, netsh.exe, etc.

I also get the message when I try to access the directory directly.

Everything seems to be working OK but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the problem. I can't seem to find much when I Google the problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Schedule a maintenance window to check the drive for errors. It is very likely, due to the power outage, that the hard drive has sustained errors since there was not a proper shutdown of the server.

Joey
CCNA, MCSA 2003, MCP, A+, Network+, CWTS

Joey
Many thanks for your post. I scheduled a CHKDSK and this seems to have solved the problem.
I guess the moral of the story is to replace the clapped out USP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back