Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C R XI - can't print special field "Record Selection Formula"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorkdork

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2009
US
Hello --

When I print a report containing the special field
"Record Selection Formula"
I get the error message
---------------------------
Crystal Reports
The page size was not large enough to format the contents of an object in the report.
OK

I have a complex set of filters resulting from Parameter Fields and would prefer not to have to create a variable representing the filter from the prompts if same is available in "Record Selection Formula".

Can anyone tell me what might be causing the error? is this special field one that does not work?

Thanks,

LM

Sounds like you might have been placing it in a page header section. See what happens if you put it in a report header section.

This field, at least in earlier versions, used to be truncated after so many characters. Not sure if this is still the case, but this would limit its usefulness for your purpose if it is still true.

-LB

LB --

Thanks. Not being in RH was the problem.
It simply echoes the contents of the formula editor, so I won't be using it.

I need something more English-like ...
"CaseID = 'value selected by user'"
AND
"DateEntered = 'value entered by user'"

LM

There is an faq on this topic: faq767-5684. Try this and then report back if you have any difficulty.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back