Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C++ Project(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deltran

Programmer
Mar 29, 2005
I have graduated with a degree in Computer Science 9 months ago. For the past 6 months I have been working as a (underpaid, I find out) web developer. Although this field is playing around with some great ideas (AJAX, DHTML), I feel like I am shunning my CS background to do web work.

I would like to seek a job in application development in a year or so, but my skills in C++ are getting rusty. Every time I try to sharpen them, though, I find myself lacking a project to take on. I just draw a blank on projects.

My question is, could someone suggest a project of some difficulty that I could program?

------------------------------
Thanks you for helping me not be so dumb,
Deltran

a full shop stock control,contacts and invoicing system written generically so you can tailor it to individual companies using nothing more than a configuration applet or ini files.
try to build in printing and generation of invoices and credit notes, stock control,email generation,sorts and searches on all sorts of data ie. parts contacts etc., fax generation isnt too hard to do on a windows box too.
For extra points add your invoices etc to an accounts package automatically on generation. Add in anything else you would find useful if you were running your own small business.

Do this right it might even earn you a few quid.

That should keep you busy.

This one isn't so much a C++ one: more of a Windows control one. Try creating a periodic table of controls showing all the different controls and things you can switch on/off on them.

Another project: Point of Sale - menu for a restaurant where the different waiters enter their id and select tables/dishes/drinks. Send the dishes selected to the different chefs in the kitchen and generate the bill at the end. As CodingNovice suggested: it should be configurable with an ini or xml file.

Make an application that from a given set of technical terms and management buzzwords constructs readable suggestions on projects to make.

Then you could use it next time you want to do something but don't know what....

/Per
[sub]
www.perfnurt.se[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back