Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C++ newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNIX72

IS-IT--Management
Sep 8, 2000
US
Hello im new to the programming scene. The only language I do know is basic. Do I need to know C first then C++ or can I jump into C++. Please could anybody recommend any beginning good books with samples. I really want to learn the C++ language its a desire for years now, please provide information. Thank you

Check/Click the following Link for further details

color purple]thread205-140350[/color]

Check/Click the following Link for further details

thread205-140350

You do not need to know C in order to learn C++. Knowing C++ more or less means that you will know C. C++ is vastly more powerful and adopts a far better approach to programming - though of course, how an individual actually writes a program is as much down to a personal style as it is to the language itself. Some say it is better to launch into C++ first rather than C less you be tainted by the complete (and unstructured) freedom that C permits. Be prepared for a mind shift with C++, but after learning it, you'll never want to be without inheritance, polymorphism, etc. and all the other goodies C++ offers. In my opinion, it takes two years to learn any computer language thoroughly, but C++ is worth the slog. Good luck !

Thanks for the information I guess my journey begins with C++, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back