Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

c++ / MySQL programming resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

fortytwo

Technical User
Apr 18, 2000
GB
Hi,

I have recently started programming c++ (coming from a perl background) and I am having problems interfacing with MySQL databases. I have used the examples in the O'Reilly mySQL/mSQL book, but these don;t compile. Does anyone know of any good tutorials/resources for someone starting c++? I have found a few, but they all seem to just have the basics like if statements and while loops.

Thanks
Will.
fortytwo
will@hellacool.co.uk

Have you looked at ? It's the MySQL++ manual, from MySQL AB, so it ought to have anything you need as far as the C++/MySQL interface goes. I don't know how much, if any, the manual will overshoot your knowledge of C++, but since you already have some programming experience, and I guess some DB programming experience from Perl, it shouldn't be too far out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back