Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C-LAN Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSDX

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
AU
Can anyone tell me if using Definity software R9.5 if you can use firmware vintage 9 or 10 on the TN799DP boards.

Note from READ ME file.

Required:
Definity R10 Software or greater.

I went to the Avaya support site and found that the Firmware Vintage 10 works with all systems that support TN799 boards, I'm pasting the link to download along with a clip from the readme file:

Date: 09/23/03
Target Board: TN799DP (C-LAN)
Firmware Vintage: 10
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1) Statement of Applicability
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This version of firmware is applicable for all hardware vintages of TN799DP.
There are no dependancies for this firmware. Firmware vintage 10 will work
in all systems and releases of software that support TN799 boards
. See
section 3 for firmware upgrade requirements.

I ran into a problem upgrading the firmware on a TN799DP also. We are currently on 9.5. Avaya is sending us another TN799DP (already at firmware 10) and we will be upgrading our switch to version 10 also. There does seem to be a problem upgrading the firmware on those CLAN boards using the 9.5. software. I tried to upgrade it at least 50 times from different locations but it just wouldnt take.

Joel

Joel

Thanks Guys,

I will let ISDX know, We also could not upgrade the firmware and had to do it from another system. I am now going to try downgrading the firmware to Vintage 7 as I think this is my best option as the customer will not want to upgrade. I think going back to older firmware will resolve our problem - the tci/ip link keeps dropping although this does not resolve the other problem of not being able to upgrade the TN799 Vintage in the future.

Well since going back to Firmware version 7 the C-Lan has been running like a dream.
To bad Avaya removed this version from their website.

did you leave it on the board when you ftp'd it there? you could always get it out of the board and put it on a pc to use in other locations.

Actually I still have a copy of it on my PC which I hopefully will never delete. Im just thinking about other users that may come across a similar problem with running 9.5 and firmware 10. Found that the board would work for a few hours then the link would drop and you could not ping the C-Lan.

so has anyone specifically call Avaya and asked them about it?
I will get answers to this when I get into work tomorrow. What does the readme txt file say that is just below the downloadable firmware? There may actually be hardware/firmware conflicts.

Hello,

I have seen many problems with CLAN boards and R9.5, and Avaya recommended to use TN799C (not DP) with R9.5.

----------------------------

Petran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back