Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C: drive is boot but D: drive showing as system drive so cant change

Status
Not open for further replies.

keljon

Technical User
Nov 27, 2008
GB
I rebuilt an SBS server yesterday so that the OS is running on a hardware SataII mirror.

i was unable to use Ghost so i backed up then reinstalled and restored from backup.

This was all done in a rush last night and my problem is this morning the second partition on the new array is showing as (system) so i cant change the drive letters (to migrate the data to the new array)

Looking into my boot.ini file below, i am confused as to how this box is able to boot at all, perhaps someone can shed some light on this, i have attached a screenshot of disk manager so you can see the layout but none of this appears to correspond with the partition referenced in Boot.ini

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server" /noexecute=optout /fastdetect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back