Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C++ DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverElectron

Programmer
Apr 10, 2003
CA
I'm a VB programmer and I'm looking to create a function DLL for my programs. VB is unable to compile DLL's (how typical). I'm wondering if anyone can show me how to make an extremely basic function dll that accepts and returns a value. I have Visual Studio C++ and I know some C and some JavaScript so I'm not a beginner.

Thanks,
-SE

Do some digging in the MSDN Library. There are a couple of examples. Try article Q189133 for a start.

If you choose to battle wits with the witless be prepared to lose.

[cheers]

Ummm.. the app wizard for the Win32 Dynamic Link Library will generate sample code for you if you select the A DLL that exports some symbols option. ;-)

-pete

Please read thread:
maria7 (Programmer) 12/17/02 (posted 12/11/02) 8 replies
static 2D array declaration
There are a dll for computing inverse matrix
bye

If you are exporting for VB make sure to use extern "C" and __stdcall for your dll.
extern "C" turns off name mangling. This is not strictly nessicary if you don't mind going into the dll to extract the cryptic exports.
__stdcall is the stack paramater (I think)convention VB is looking for

WR

>>VB can compile dlls or exes.

Very true, only problem is that this would become a COM server and not a straight dll.

Greetings,
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back