Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C Compiler version 5 to 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

idomeneo

Technical User
Dec 13, 2002
US
I have a question regarding network license server sharing out a license to a network client. I want to upgrade the compiler to version 6. I have not set up the network license server and do not know much about this. I would like know if there will be an issue if I upgrade to version 6. Does the license server first need to be licensed for 6?

I really don't understand the IBM compiler licensing....
More complicated than it needs to be....

Hi,
you need to update the licenses. Your license information is available in the /usr/vac directory after installing the vac.lic package.

The files are:
cforaix_cn.lic
cforaix_c.lic
cforaix_n.lic - I use this as I just add the line to the /var/ifor/nodelock file as described in the .lic file.

On the other side you should negotiate a license agreement with the IBM sales :-( but this negotiation is not technical issue.

So, please correct me if I am wrong...if I put in a concurrent nodelock license I should not have issues. I thought that I would have issues because I am a network client.

So, you are saying as long as I enter something in the concurrent nodelock license it is not smart enough to know that we were a client for 5. Do you know if you can have 5 and 6 running simultaneously?

Thank you for your help....

Hi,
I think you can have the licenses for v5 and v6 simultaneously, but I think you will have a problem to install the C compiler simultaneously in v5 and v6 on the same server as the installp installs it into the same directory structure.

You can setup your server to use the nodelock file, to be network license client or both. If you prefer to use the network licensing mechanism, then I would use the cforaix_c.lic file and see the comments in the file (i4blt ...)

Hello everybody,

I just installed, the C++ compiler v6 and added the line in the nodelock file as described. My c programs are compiling without any troubles but my .cpp programs return a signal 11. Does anybody have an idea whats wrong ?

Regards
Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back