Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

C++ Builder 2007 - Opening medium project is too slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dempl

Programmer
Jun 27, 2008
Hi,
It takes about 10 minutes for C++ Builder to open my 130-files project. That's slow :) .

On startup, BCB loads reasonably fast ( it takes about 30 seconds, but when I click, on "Reopen the last project",
It starts testing my patience :) ...

After 30 seconds , a progress bar with "Parsing files" title appears, and you can see that every file in project takes about 10 seconds to parse each file.

Completly same thing happens when I right-click on editor.
Same "Parsing files" progress bar pops-up, and I have to wait 10 minutes on pop-up menu to appear!

Same thing happens when I click on "Search" item in the menu, and in couple of other situations where you wouldn't expect it too see.

I've never had problem like this in previous versions of BCB.

Can I accelerate this in any way ( besides buying some raging QuadCore beast :) )

Thanks in advance,
dempl_dempl

I'm not using Builder 2007 so my comments may be off line but have you put all the service packs in for Builder?

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

How much memory in the computer?

It could be a HD-memory swap-ting which stops everything as always.

Totte
Keep making it perfect and it will end up broken.

Hi, I've solved it!

I've created a new project, and filled all .cpp/h files into it, and it worked!

Obviously BCB messed up the project file.

Btw, I have 1GB of RAM :) , but if it was a swap thing , the program would be slow in general, not just at startup and right-click.

Thanks for posts,
Cheers!

Do you happen to have MS Studio (C#, C++, SQL, etc.) on your system? I've noticed that Studio uses the same resource files and sometimes put their stuff in the file.

Just a thought.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back