Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

buying parts online 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfb627

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2003
US
Where do would I find good prices with great service?

Pricewatch.com has been the best way to find prices on the internet, it offers a large selection of companies to choose from. Check them out

newegg.com, frys,computergeeks.com, ecost, and a few more. My favorites are ecost and newegg.com. Newegg is great for mobo,cpu\hs\fan\ram combos as they know their stuff there and have fair shipping prices and fair return policy.
Axiontech, cablemart - computer builders warehouse: zipzoomfly.com is another
also directron.com and mwave.com

Places to avoid:
tigerdirect.com - They overcharge on shipping and some of their stuff is simply not what it appears to be. Their warranty and return policy stinks, too.

There are others, will get back to you with more if you need them, but i would try to get most of my major stuff at newegg

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Add a vote for Newegg.

Do we get kickbacks for plugs? ;P

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy"
Albert Einstein

Newegg. ChipMerchant. Buy.com Fry's Outpost.com. All have been good to me.

ecost, directron and computergeeks, and likely others, will put you on their email list and they often offer deals you can only get thru clicking on their email specials. Others do this as well.
So you might want to go register for email, i find ecost and computergeeks really offers good deals this way.

I have seen a hundred of these threads where the person asks about which websites are best and newegg is actually the number one choice all the time. I dont get anything saying this, same as Badfrog doesnt, but the truth is the truth. The reason newegg is so good is their low prices, low or fair shipping rates, HUGE inventory, and they have the most uptodate parts around, not rejects or seconds like tigerdirect.
There are plenty good sites, most are fair and honest, but some are better than others when you factor in truth-in-advertising, shipping fees, return policy, etc. That is where newegg comes in, they are good at all these things!
Again, though, some others are good too, frys, zipzoomfly, etc, etc.
I can honestly say that i have a lot of experience ordering computer parts via the net. I am in Canada so i order from Canadian sites as well, but i have a US shipping addy so i can order from US sites as well.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back