Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Buttons not working in Flash Movie within a DIV layer

Status
Not open for further replies.

marthirial

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2005
US
So I made a very simple flash movie with transparent background. I put this on a transparent layer with CSS style to position (relative) the object.

There are two buttons in the flash movie, one uses on (release){getURL()} to link to another page and the other button is just a text with a URL.

Both won't work, they are not clickable and there is no way to make them work.

Any suggestions or workaround about this?
Thanks.

No uploaded page yet but after some testing in different browsers, seems like the problem is browser-wise. Firefox won't click, in IE 6 works and in Opera the whole layer is gone.

Also, when the layer is absolute, the flash movie works just fine. In my case, the layer is relative and the position controlled with CSS. This won't work and I don't think there is a workaround the problem.

Considering that just showing the layer is already an issue, I don't see the point of keep busting my ball with this. I am going to stick to plain HTML.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back